Vinings First Baptist Church was established following a successful tent revival held in Vinings in July 1948. The original church property, located in the present-day Vinings Village at 2950 New Paces Ferry Road, was bought for $100 from Grady Robinson in 1949, and the church was founded with 17 members. With a missionary spirit, those first members laid the foundation for the missions that have been evident down through the years.
With a desire to enlarge the tent and a renewed commitment to reach the world for Christ, the congregation moved in August of 1992 to the South Cobb Drive location in Smyrna, Georgia. Their dedication and faithfulness to honor His glory continues at the current location.
Today, our diverse congregation remains devoted to the missionary spirit of our founders: to spread the gospel to all the world and remain faithful to our Lord Jesus Christ.